
We did it! We ran the 5K in honor of Grandma! (Nate's Grandma Iverson). She is an 8 year survivor of breast cancer. It was such a great experience! I couldn't believe how many people were there running for this cause. It was amazing. Over 18,000 people! The atmosphere was just overwhelming, just knowing that everyone who was there were there to support someone who is fighting cancer, or someone who they have lost, or to celebrate life. It was a blast! I am totally going to do it with the family again next year, and mabye more will join us. I wish I would have brought my camera to the event cause it was just awesome. This is a group picture of the family members who ran (we had cleaned up a bit). We had a backyard BBQ at Nate's parents house afterwards. Such an awesome day! (Nate had just got back from turkey hunting if your wondering what's with the camo.)

Happy Mother's Day!
I'm thankful I get to cherish moments like this. She had been playing quite happily with her lego's, I went in to check on her and she had zonked out. It's precious moments like this that make being a mommy all worth while...










1 comment:
So cool!! I love that you all ran the 5K together!! And Happy Mother's Day!!
Post a Comment