With Thanksgiving just around the corner, I can't help but think of the blessings in my life. And I also can't help but feel a little guilty and selfish for not being as thankful as I should have been in the past, because I truly am so blessed.
I have been reading the recent Conference talks, these wonderful words always have a way of putting my life into perspective and bring to light the things that I sometimes take for granted. I recently read "Come What May, and Love It", by Joseph B. Worthlin, and I think these words say what I am thinking... "For me, the Lord has opened the windows of heaven and showered blessings upon my family beyond my ability to express. Yet like everyone else, I have had times in my life when it seemed that the heaviness of my heart might be greater than I could bear."
~ I know that in those times when I feel the darkness gather around me, there is always a source of light that I can surely turn to, and that is my Savior. I am forever thankful for his love for me... "come what may" in my life, he is Always there. My big brother, and my friend.
~ I also have the blessing of a wonderful husband, who despite my weaknesses, finds a way to love me. He makes my day...everyday. He works so very hard for us so that I can stay home and raise our family... I am so thankful for this man. He is amazing, and I thank God for bringing us together. I know we were meant to be together forever, "come what may".
~ My other lil' blessing is so obvious! My baby girl. She is my sunshine. I am so thankful that she is happy and healthy. I don't know what we ever did without her. I am so thankful to be a mom. I don't give myself enough credit for being a mom, but I know deep down that motherhood is one of the most important jobs, even though it doesn't bring in a paycheck. I am still learning to not feeling guilty about that... because it truly is a blessing to be able to be with her and nurture her everyday.
These are just a few of my many blessings. I hope that I can recognize the ones that are not so obvious, that my eyes will be open to the simple things that I have been given. Just writing this I have been enlightened with even more thankfulness and I do recognize those many, many blessings in my life. May we all "Count Our Many Blessings" this Thanksgiving week, feel through the heaviness of heart that we sometimes feel and give thanks, "come what may".
Thanksgiving in Colorado
1 month ago








3 comments:
My relief society lesson is on that talk and 2 otheres this sunday. Great post Camillie
Your blog is so cute and your family is beautiful.
Camille, your opening paragraph is just what I needed to read tonight at this very moment. Thank you
Fun pics in the leaves. I love fall. Can you believe Christmas is right around the corner?
Post a Comment