[I’ve realized that this blog has become a place for me to document my simple life in pictures… that I rarely show and tell the real me; the good, the bad, and the ugly. I think a lot of it has to do with the fear of being judged (or the fact that it’s on the internet and everyone and their dog can see.) Well, since I’m in the mood, I let you all take a tiny gander into the life of me…remember, no judging, this could get pretty random.]
Interview with myself…
What do you do everyday?
Everyday I eat too much. Everyday I can’t wait until nap time. Everyday I keep a journal. My journal is my safe place where I write my thoughts, goals, fears…everything. It’s something that makes me feel like even if I didn’t get anything done that day, at least I accomplished something. It has been a real treasure to me for quite some time now. Moving on… I am mommy. I love being mommy. There is nothing else I’d rather be. No greater joy. Truth be told, I am not a perfect mommy, but I try. Being a mom is hard at times, but all worth it. I love to watch her grow and learn everyday. Truly, the phrase “they grow up so fast” never sounded so real. There are so many things I need to improve on as a mom. I try to pray everyday. I try to read everyday, to Brylie and on my own. I am currently rereading “Putting on the Armor of God.” I try to be a good example. I love it when Brylie is the one to remind us to have family prayer. I am also a wife. I am lucky that my husband doesn’t expect me to be perfect. He tells me he loves me everyday. I am thankful for him everyday. I can’t wait for him to come home everyday.
What things make you smile everyday?
That Nate has to have his oreos and milk every night before bed. When he wakes me up to say goodbye before work. When Brylie wakes up in the morning she has to tell me all the words that she knows. The way she runs all over the house with her cute little belly and bouncy hair. When she eats her food. Her crooked smile. How she likes to cuddle with me before nap. How she can’t go to bed without telling daddy “nigh, nigh.” When she folds her arms for prayers.
Did you know?
Did you know I don’t love to exercise. Did you know I love to sing. Did you know I love to practice my English accent. Did you know I look hideous when I wake up. Did you know I prefer baths over showers. Did you know I feel insecure sometimes, working on it. Did you know I have a hard time making decisions. Did you know I secretly love Twilight. Did you know I am a crier. Did you know I call Nate Pedro sometimes.
Any creative endeavors?
The truth is I am in love with beautiful things. I love art and photography. I don’t have as much time for art these days which is why photography has become my main source of creative indulgence. I also want to start a sewing project again soon, but can’t decide what to do yet. One thing I love doing is playing the piano. Since I got my piano, it’s been almost impossible to play because every time I start Brylie wants to pound on it and play her own little song. And I can’t play when she’s asleep cause it would wake her up. But it’s been fun. I’ll take her little finger and we play different songs together. So we’ve been learning the ABC’s on the piano.
Any recent adventure’s?
Adventure’s in photography. For the past couple of weeks I’ve been going along with an awesome photographer on photo shoot’s. Her name is Gina. I know that some of you know her. She was in my ward growing up and one of my YW leaders. She was the photographer at my sister’s wedding and she got to see the engagements and bridals I did. We got talking and I was flattered that she liked my photography. She asked if I would want to come on some shoot’s with her and be her second hand. I was like “hek ya!” A few days later she called me up and asked if I wanted to do a wedding {all.by.my.self!} in October. I was a little hesitant at first but she assured me that she would teach me all I needed to know. It’s been awesome! I am taking it all in and learning as much as I can from her. I appreciate her so much for doing this for me. I can’t wait to upgrade my camera and get some sweet photography equipment! All in good time. Patience Camille.
What are your joys today?
My baby girl. My hero of a husband. Giving kisses. Receiving hugs. Talking to my mom. All my family. Nature. Sunshine. The gospel.
What are your fears today?
That something will happen to my family. I fear disease. I fear accidents.
I fear that mice will come into my house. Oh, I fear mice…{shiver}.
Any thoughts you’d like to add?
One of my goal’s in life is to overcome my weaknesses. I want to forget myself. I am thankful for my trials. I know they are not by accident. Although I am no where close to where I want to be, I’ve learned that through my trials, the Lord is molding me into what he knows I can be. And it’s taking time, lots of time. Most my trials are battles I face deep inside myself. At times they are heart wrenching. Always, they are humbling. I have so many blessings that I hold close to my heart. The obvious ones are the people around me. The not so obvious are the whisperings of the spirit that speak to me when I need them most.
[Thanks for letting me be me and sort out my random thoughts…]
Thanksgiving in Colorado
3 months ago








5 comments:
soooo lucky! How awesome is Gina for taking you under her wing. She did my last family picture. I would love to hear what you are learning.
LOVE this! And so glad I'm not the only one who can't WAIT for nap!
It took me a while to draw this conclusion, but I love this post EQUALLY as much as all of your beautiful photos!! I couldn't make up my mind as to which I love more. I love getting to know people. I love peeking inside their minds. And TRUST ME, I will not be the one judging!! :)
way way way cute camillie
great post! it was good to get to know you better!
Post a Comment