Looking down on our beautiful valley on the forth of July... I can't help but think of the song "America The Beautiful..."
"O beautiful for spacious skies, for amber waves of grain, for purple mountains majesty, above the fruited plain. America, America! God shed his grace on thee, and crown thy good with brotherhood, from sea to shining sea!"
...And when I look out my kitchen window and see that awesome flag, I can't help but think of the song "Proud To Be An American..."
"If tomorrow all the things were gone, I'd worked for all my life. And I had to start again, with just my children and my wife. I'd thank my lucky stars, to be livin here today. 'Cause the flag still stands for freedom, and they can't take that away. And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I won't forget the men who died who gave that right to me. And I gladly stand up, next to you and defend her still today. Cause there ain't know doubt I love this land. God bless the USA."
When I really think of those words it hits me right to the core... I am so thankful to live in this beautiful and free land, with it's mountains of majesty, and the blessings of freedom to enjoy, and for all those who make that possible...
Happy Independence Day!










1 comment:
that song gives me chills! We are so lucky to live here.
Post a Comment