


My next little story happened right before we left to go to the cabin with my family. So here's our story: I call it "The Cat and the Carrot". We were at my mom's house getting ready to leave. The grandkids were eating carrots by the stairs. The cat "Blanch" had run down the stairs. We couldn't leave the cat in the house all weekend so I headed down the stairs...with Brylie on my hip. So, remember the carrots? Well, the next thing I know, I'm on my butt at the bottom of the stairs. I had slipped on a carrot finding the stupid cat! Clumsy me... Brylie cried for a minute, I thought it must have scared her cause it happened so fast. Brylie seemed fine so we went on our way, Brylie fell asleep in the car, and the little mishap was forgotten... that is, until we got to the cabin 2 hours later...
We get out of the car, Brylie is so excited cause she knows she is outside and she can run around everywhere. I put her down...and she won't budge. She just stands there and is acting really strange. Then she starts crying. I immediately pick her up, run into the cabin and take her shoes and pants off. I thought mabye she had gotten bit by something. (That happened while we were at Moon Lake, she got stung by a bee up under her pants...not fun.) So I'm looking at her little legs, feet, bum...everything, and I can't see what could be bothering her. Hours go by and she will not walk or even stand. She's crawling around but seems in pain. I'm worried, everyone is worried.
Mom and I decide to take her to the nearest hospital. And something happened to the durango on the way. The brakes overheated as we attempted to come down the mountain. Luckily my sister Chelsey and her boyfriend Zack were on their way up to the cabin and gave us a lift back. Going to the hospital would have to wait until morning.
We said a little prayer and I felt at peace. Brylie seemed to be calming down and we enjoyed the rest the the evening...

Although that night we got about an hours worth of sleep. Oh, how I wished Nate were there with us. But we got through it. Yep, we were definitely being tested, and I am grateful.
It's times like this when you just gotta say "..it happens."
By morning it was definately time to go to the hospital. My brother Jesse was nice enough to take us. It was actually a nice calm ride, Brylie got to watch Shrek, and I got to talk to my brother who I don't get to see very often.
When we got to the hospital, Brylie got really nervous and clung to me, wouldn't let anyone else touch her. When it was time for x-rays, it was a nightmare. But we got through it and waited for the results. The doctor came to us and said,"everything looks normal." I was relieved but a bit shocked at the same time. "She must have just spraned it," she said. (her left foot or ankle).
So that's what happened!
I felt so much better knowing this. Now we could enjoy the rest of our weekend at the cabin.

Whatever happens, make the most of it... Let's go for a ride!





I just happened to take some more engagement pictures of my beautiful sister and her man! Check out this slide show or click here. I just love these guys...
That night my dad discovered a rainbow... It just happened to land right on top of another cabin. Do you think there is a pot of gold in there?
It was followed by a beautiful sunset...

The next morning Nate joined us! I was soO happy to see him! Our little family went on a little fourwheelin' ride together. And it just so happened that someone was super tired...

When we got back, something else happened, Nate was in incredible pain! And has been for quite some time. (He hides it well.) He's had this toothache it seems like f-o-r-e-v-e-r, and this time it was unbearable! I thought he was going to die! The poor guy! I thought "this can't be happening." So another emergency rush to town later, me making lunch, and after a tiny rest, our little family was ready to go home...
It was a little rough weekend after everything that happened, but I can honestly say that we had a lot of fun and we are thankful that we got to be there with our family. Thanks for putting up with us and for all that you did for us everyone, we love you!
The next day Nate went to the dentist...finally... He feels soO much better, I am soO glad! Brylie went to her 18 month checkup that day too. She is doing a lot better, she's putting alot more pressure on her foot now and starting to stand up and walk, but I think it will still be a few more days until she's back to her normal self.
18 month checkup
Weight: 24lbs, 51%tile
Length: 32.5in., 75%tile
In other happenings: Look what I found living in the chicken coop when I went to gather the eggs yesterday...

By the way, it just so happens that we have been getting about 6 or 7 eggs a day out of these ladies. We've been thinking about starting to sell them, and we just might, I mean, what are we going to do with all these eggs? They are yummy and farm fresh! I'll let you know if we start selling them if anyone is interested.

Thanks for reading about our recent happenings. Just remember "..it happens" and there's nothing you can do to stop it, so whatever happens, just make the most of it...









2 comments:
WoW! You are brave to take pictures of the snake! I would have screamed... You guys have been so busy! I hope brylie's foot is feeling better!!!
what a weekend! I love how out doorsie you all are.....one day maybe we will be, it looks fun, i just dont know that im ready to brave the great out doors!
Post a Comment